Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Visit... June 22, 2007

This year Jess is going thru some stuff and space at her place is limited so I was unable to stay there for a visit. Unfortunately I don’t have transportation of my own so I have to depend on people to take me places, pick me up, that kind of thing.
Friday, Jess and Gabriel came over to Sheryl and Terry’s to visit for a bit… I was sad that it couldn't be a longer visit, but stuff happens and what can you do… go with the flow… Even though the visit was short it was a great one. I even managed to get some quickie videos of Gabriel for me and also to show his grampa. He’s so adorable. Loads of energy and can be very loud, but interested in everything.
He played with the dogs a bit though was a bit nervous when they came up to him, not him going to them. When he had grapes and Clowie wanted some and followed him all he could do was keep turning his back to her and try to get away from her. Even though she’s a sheltie dog, he’s just 2 ½ and was just the right height to try for a taste.
He was fascinated with the videos I was taking of him with my cannon sure shot camera. As soon as my memory card was full I would load it right onto my laptop and then play it to check it out. He got such a kick out of it though was a bit confused seeing mommy on the computer and sitting right there at the same time. That was pretty funny.
When the first got to Sheryl and Terry’s house Gabriel wouldn’t have anything to do with me. Of course he wouldn’t, he didn’t have a clue who I was. He hadn’t seen me since last summer and well he is only 2 ½ after all. Mom was the first one he connected to then Dad then finally me. He’s very attached to his mommy so when she wasn’t within sight he would get a little upset until he saw her again.
When they arrived they had a chicken nugget meal with fries and a bottle of milk for his lunch. He didn’t want it, just left it on the table. Then O’ma (my mom) got out some grapes and he did some gobbling on those and then a bit later she buttered up some of the special bread she buys for herself at Wal-mart for her lunch but ended up sharing them with him. First there were two pieces and he went for the soft middle and left the crusts… lol Then she went and got the last piece which was a crust thinking that one he wouldn’t want because it was all crust but nope… he really liked this bread and ate most of that piece too… what a good appetite when he likes something huh? lol All too soon the visit was over. It was time to head home and get Gabriel settled in for the night. Gabriel was all set to head home too… we got quick kisses goodbye and then got ready to walk them out. Before we got to the door in comes Sheryl with her little one Noah and a friend of his. As soon as Gabriel saw the boys he didn’t want to leave anymore. He wanted to stay and play. Mom let him play for a little bit while we all said our goodbyes and then Terry showed up so it was a quick hello and goodbye again then she decided it was really time to go now. “Let's go Gabe, it’s time to go home.” “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” lol he wanted nothing to do with her all of a sudden. He was having way too much fun playing now and was not going quietly. Boy can he get loud… he screamed while she hooked him into the back seat of the car and screamed all the way out the driveway. I haven’t heard from her yet so I don’t know if he quieted down or just kept screaming all the way home.

No comments: