Thursday, June 28, 2007

up the stairs... down the stairs.... argh...

i hate stairs... one of the rules to having our new house built in florida was NO STAIRS... lol ... when we went to check it out mid build there was one step leading from the garage to the laundry room and ray "kiddingly" had a fit...
i get to my cousin's house and there are the stairs into the house, then the stairs to the bedrooms and of course mom wants me to go and see something "up" in her room so that's a full set up to my aunt's inlaw apartment and then another up to the finished attic where mom and dad sleep... oh my friggin' lord... argh
then i get to my friend's house and granted you just walk into the front door cause her mom is in a wheel chair and there is a tiny ramp... entrance is on ground level... but she has a chair lift to get her up to the main living space... that's where my room was too... but then the tv is "downstairs" so down i go to drink my coffee and at night to chill... couldn't do the net there cause like i said... cable internet and isp issues and i just didn't want to deal even though i understand that it's only a matter of changing the numbers... knowing me i would screw up the whole damn computer...
now i'm at my son and daughter in law's and well let's see... first he had us bring our luggage in thru the side door... down stairs to get in... yup it's a split garrison with a finished basement... then up two short flights to the main living space... nope not me... i did it once... told him i was coming in thru the front... straight shot... up the front stairs then up the one short set... no down then up crap... lmao
when i get to sandra's house in illinois "no stairs"... it's a handicap apartment cause of christian and it's on the ground floor... that way i can get some relief for my legs before i take the long ride home... lmao
i better have lost some friggin' weight on this trip with all these stairs... my hips are just about shot and i didn't know i had knee problems until now... lmfao

No comments: