Sunday, April 14, 2013

A couple weeks ago Mom's ladies club group sponsored a small carnival over the two Easter weekends. on the first day they allowed people to rent spaces to sell stuff... mom rented me a space so I might be able to sell some of my craft things. so I got busy making stuff and on that Saturday it was a wonderful sunny day... we set up my tables and set out my wares nicely and waited to start selling... talking up stuff as people stopped to look but sold very little... it was advertised as a rummage / craft sale and I think most people came looking for the yard sale type stuff instead of the hand made stuff... there was a girl across from me that was trying to sell handmade jewelry... her stuff was beautiful but why would I buy from her when I make my own jewelry? we spoke and she asked if maybe some time I could teach her how to sew... I said yes and now am waiting for her to have the time to come over to learn... I did get a message from her the other day saying she just checked her e-mail and replied that she would get back to me when her schedule allowed... I think it would be fun to teach someone how to sew... it's really easy to learn.. I am going to make some new stuff to add to my stash of craft things to sell... I am planning on keeping an eye out for a real craft show sometime before Christmas when I'm sure my things will sell... not at a yard sale... Crochet kitchen towel hangers, Origami photo boxes, sore muscle bags to heat or chill, pin cushion scrap catchers, snow baby ornaments and microwave potato bags.

No comments: